A big hello to all of my wonderful Year 6 children. I hope you are keeping safe and happy during lock-down. I want you to know that you are constantly on my mind- I'm always wondering what you are getting up to and it's been fabulous to see so many pictures of your work, activities and achievements. Please keep them coming in and remember that if you wish to contact me to ask any questions about your work or just to say hello, I am making every effort to respond to emails as quickly as possible.
Since the start of school closure, my time has been taken up by teaching lots of online dance and fitness classes and going on lots of outdoor adventures with Honey and Piper; as you can imagine, they are extremely pleased that Mrs Malia-Wallwork 1 and I are at home most of the time to spoil them! We've also done lots of gardening and decorated a spare bedroom, which is going to have a bee/ Beyonce theme (you will all understand how excited I am about that!).
I know that many of you will have unanswered questions about your transition to secondary school and I want you to know that I am in contact with your secondary schools and we are working together to ensure that we do everything in our power to make the transition as easy as possible. We may not be together at school, but I am still here to support you through this process, so please don't hesitate to get in touch if you want to discuss your transition.
Please see the letter attached to your home learning packs for further information on the activities included. Whilst we understand that these are strange and uncertain times, it is important that you make every effort to keep your brains working and to continue learning. I hope that you will enjoy the activities I have chosen and your new topic of Darwin's Delights!
- Friday 8th May marks VE Day. This is a special day for celebration, which is quite significant to Year 6, as we have done so much learning about World War 2. Make sure you research and find out about VE Day. You could:
- Watch the clip explaining VE Day and the events leading up to the end of the war. https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/class-clips-video/history-ks2-ve-day/z7xtmfr
- Listen to Winston Churchill's speech announcing the end of the war: https://www.bbc.com/historyofthebbc/anniversaries/may/ve-day-broadcasts
- Write a message of support/ remembrance on the British Legion website: https://www.britishlegion.org.uk/get-involved/ways-to-give/march-poppy-press/leave-your-ve-day-message
- Have a very 'British' tea party at home! Bake traditional cakes and decorate your home with homemade bunting up to celebrate the victory!
Please keep your fabulous pictures and news coming in and I hope to see you all very soon and as soon as it is safe to do so.
Keep smiling Dream Team!
Mrs Malia-Wallwork (2)
E-mail Mrs F Malia-Wallwork on firstname.lastname@example.org