Baines Road, Gainsborough, Lincolnshire DN21 1TE


The Gainsborough Charles Baines Community Primary School

Together we achieve

Charles Baines SEND Information Report

Welcome to the Charles Baines SEND information page. We are sure you will find the information on this page useful and hope it will answer any questions you may have. At Charles Baines, we pride ourselves on our inclusive approach and support our children with SEND to achieve their full potential.

If you have any queries regarding SEND, please feel free to contact our SENDCo, Mrs Malia-Wallwork on 01427 613812

For more information on particular aspects of our SEND offer, please follow the links below where you will hopefully find the answer to your question. To view the full document, please follow the link - Charles Baines SEND Information Report


How do I apply for a school place for my child?

What should I do if I think my child has special educational needs (SEN)?

How will the school respond to my concerns?

How will the school decide if my child needs extra support?

What will school do to support my child?

Who will support my child in school?

What training and experience do staff have for the additional support of my child's needs?

Who else might be involved in supporting my child?

What support will there be for my child's emotional and social well-being?

How will my child be involved in the process and be able to contribute their views?

How will the curriculum be matched to my child's needs?

What opportunities will there be for me to discuss my child's achievement? How will I know how well my child is progressing?

How does the school know how well my child is doing?

How will my child be included in activities outside the classroom including on school trips?

How accessible is the school environment?

How will the school prepare and support my child to join the school?

How will school prepare and support my child on their transfer to secondary school?

How will I be involved in supporting my child?

How can I access support for myself and my family?

Who can I contact for more information?

What should I do if I have a complaint?